Cancellation terms (according to EIPC Statutes):
1. Memberships ends:
a. through notice of termination by the member;
b. through notice of termination on behalf of the association. This can be effectuated in the cases referred to in the charter, and furthermore when a member has ceased to meet the membership requirements set out under the charter, when he fails to fulfil his
obligations towards the association or when the association cannot reasonably be expected to continue membership;
c. through disqualification. This can be adjudicated only when a member acts in violation of the charter, rules of procedure or decisions of the association, or when he unreasonably disadvantages the association.
d. in the event of natural persons, through death;
e. in the event of legal entities, as a result of dissolution. In the event of a legal merger of a legal entity, membership transfers to the acquiring legal entity. In the event of a division of a legal entity, membership transfers to the legal entity as allocated in the deed of division;
f. as a result of no longer meeting the membership requirements set out in article 4.
2. Notice of termination on behalf of the association or disqualification of membership is given or effectuated by the Commission
3. Notice of termination by the member or the association can be given only at the end of the association year and with due observance of a notice period of six months. However, membership can be terminated with immediate effect if the association or member cannot reasonably be expected to continue membership.
4. Termination in violation of the provisions in the previous paragraph causes membership to end at the earliest possible moment following the date of notice.
5. Nonetheless, a member, within one month of him becoming aware or having been notified of a decision in which the obligations of the members have been extended, is entitled to exclude the applicability of the decision by terminating his membership. This entitlement does not apply with regard to a decision in relation to which the obligations of the members have been extended financially.
6. The relevant member shall be notified by the Committee of a decision on behalf of the association to terminate or disqualify his membership within the shortest possible term, stating the reasons and providing the possibility of appeal referred to in paragraph 7 of this article.
7. After having been notified of the decision, the relevant member shall be given one month to appeal to the general meeting. During the appeal period and pending the appeal, the member shall remain suspended.
8. If membership is terminated during the course of an association year, the full annual contribution remains payable, unless the Committee decides otherwise in that particular case.