DYCONEX AG, an MST company and a global leader for highly complex solutions in electronic interconnect technology, is recording its first results from its scheme to reduce the lead time in manufacturing. Production flow has been improved over the past eight months, while waiting times have been cut and investments have been made in new machinery.
DYCONEX has defined a range of measures as part of its project to shorten the lead time in sales and manufacturing. These measures have already made a significant impact, leading to a reduction of up to 15% in February through May 2020:
- Installation of a new UV laser, which reduces the processing time for various products by up to 50%.
- Installation of new transport and handling robots with a higher throughput.
- Implementation of lean office activities within the sales department.
- Implementation of various lean activities in production, from planning through to panel handling.
- Increase in testing capacities (e.g. for e-tests and hot e-tests).
DYCONEX is continually working on further reducing the lead time for sales and manufacturing processes with the help of these measures, with a view to making the time it takes to deliver to its customers noticeably shorter.
About DYCONEX AG
With more than 50 years of experience, DYCONEX AG is a global leader in the supply of highly complex flexible, rigid-flex and rigid ultra-HDI/microvia circuit boards, LCP substrates and chip-substrate solutions. These products are used in every application where miniaturization, increased functionality, quality and the highest level of reliability play a role.
With its headquarters in Bassersdorf, DYCONEX today has 190 employees and the company is a member of the Micro Systems Technologies Group.